International Co-operation and Rights Department
The International Co-operation and Rights Department administrates acquiring the Arabic translation rights from the original copyright holders. Besides, it is responsible for any communication between NCT and any foreign institution or organization inside or outside Egypt.
Its main responsibilities are:
- Acquiring Arabic rights from foreign authors and publishers
- Acquiring requested licenses from different copyright holders to reproduce illustrations and images included in the translated titles
- Opening new sources for book funding and related activities
- Processing memorandums of understanding, cultural protocols, and funding agreements
- Coordinating relations with the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, foreign cultural centers and embassies
- Handling all grants required administrative procedures
- Representing NCT in the international 'Rights' book fairs and related international relations' events
Currently, the department consists of its manager, senior assistant and three assisting members.